From the desk of HepsTrack Alumni Performance Bureau Chief Mary Boggs:
Seven of the eight Ivy League schools can boast of a top-100 finisher at the USA Track & Field National Club Cross Country Championships in unseasonably cold McAlpine Park in Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday.
On the men’s side, Princeton graduate David Nightingale (unattached) was third overall in 29:40.1, less than five seconds behind winner Aaron Braun. Cornell’s Zach Hine (Hansons-Brooks) was the second Ivy finisher, completing the 10k course in 30:21.9 for 28th place.
Princeton alum Reilly Kiernan (New York Athletic Club) was the first Heps runner to cross the line for the women, as she clocked a 20:09.7 for six kilometers. That was within 20 seconds of the 2010 champion Renee Metivier Baillie.
Just three years ago, Columbia graduate Delilah DiCrescenzo won this event. Rhode Island-based photographer Mike Scott has uploaded galleries from the event on Facebook. Click here to see it. Below are the Ivy top 100s from 2010:
5. Reilly Kiernan (New York AC / Princeton), 20:09.7
32. Stephanie Pancoast (New Balance / Cornell), 20:55.2
54. Alexa Glencer (Impala Racing Team / Princeton), 21:15.2
61. Leah Brogan (New Balance Boston / Penn), 21:22.1
66. Loretta Kilmer (Riadha / Columbia), 21:25.6
90. Kierann Smith (Impala Racing Team / Harvard), 21:52.8
93. Erin Dromgoole (New Balance Boston / Dartmouth), 21:54.8
3. David Nightingale (unattached / Princeton), 29:40.1
28. Zach Hine (Hansons-Brooks / Cornell), 30:21.9
37. Lucas Meyer (Boston Athletic Assoc. / Yale), 30:38.0
46. Michael Maag (New York AC / Princeton), 30:50.1
51. Sage Canaday (Hansons-Brooks / Cornell), 30:54.6
97. Sam Luff (Georgetown Running Club / Cornell), 31:43.2